Friday 25 July 2014

Hot, hot, hot and dog

As a Scandinavian married to an American from Southern California, I feel pretty bad complaining about the heat during a Scandinavian summer.
But this last week has been something special. Not only has the temperatures been pretty high, but the skies have been crystal clear and the wind seems to be taking a break.
Normally it's a bit overcast so now and then, and windy pretty much every day. But this last week we've been stuck with days where there's been absolutely no clouds, and no wind. Which makes it almost uncomfortable staying outside in direct sunlight!
I try not to complaint, as I do love sunshine, but us Scandinavians are not used to this kind of heat.
We are way better prepared for freezing cold than hot hot heat!

Anyways, a combination of being extra tired lately, work and this strong sunlight and hot heat, has lead me to having to relax as much as possible next to whatever else I need to do.
So the last few days have really only been filled with working, running errands, walking Atlas and relaxing.
I am hoping that it will be nice and sunny on Sunday though, because I actually have two days off in a row (which is rare), so we're planning on going to the beach to lick some sun and go swimming! I miss going swimming in the ocean back home so much! I'm excited!

So, I haven't been doing much interesting or taken a lot of pictures the last few days. Instead, you can enjoy some sleepy photos of Atlas. Who wraps himself up in a big blanket for a nap. In this heat... I don't even know.





Loads of love,
Malin

No comments:

Post a Comment