Sunday 23 March 2014

English-style breakfast and taxa coffee

I woke up to the smell and sound of delicious things cooking in the kitchen today, which is awesome.
Daniel made sure I got out of bed while he finished up breakfast, and I took Atlas for a quick walk before we ate. Oh my, it was amazing!


Vegan "facon", tofu scramble and potatoes with yellow and red peppers, onions and mushroom. And some rye bread with vegan butter, and a few slices of muskmelon. And, of course, coffee.
The best breakfast I've had in a long, long time. My husband is wonderful.


We were so full we almost went back to bed after breakfast for a little too-full-to-focus-nap, but we fought through it with some more coffee. I continued to look at/for job ads online for a while, and eventually we decided to take Atlas out and maybe sit down to have a coffee somewhere.
The weather was so weird, as it seemed like it was sunny in our street, but at the end of it, the sky was covered in grey clouds. We did sit down for a quick cup of coffee at the charming cafe right around the corner of our street, though.



But we quickly decided not to stay long, as we couldn't bring Atlas inside and it was really windy right there! Oh Denmark, you silly, flat country.



We walked over to the park (right across the street) instead, and took Atlas for a little walk to let him do what he needed to.
We met a really nice lady there, with two very sweet and mellow dogs, and we ended up chatting with her for about 15 minutes or so, while Atlas was half scared and half super excited, as they were so calm and he was allowed to smell them! He did great with them, but of course freaked out when a very energetic and playful french bulldog approached us. We're still proud, and we're gonna work on him feeling more comfortable around other dogs so he hopefully can get some doggy friends eventually.

Other than that, we've watched an episode of the series Carnivàle while eating dinner, listened to Spice Girls and AC/DC (uhm, yup), and I've booked a ticket to Norway for the end of April, as I'm going there for a week to move all our stuff out of storage in our old place there, to sell some of it, to pick up a few bits to bring over here, and to clean up the house properly while the new tenant moves out.

Tomorrow I'll be getting some feedback for a project I did, sending out applications and resumes, and planning my trip to Norway some more. I think.

Loads of love,
Malin

No comments:

Post a Comment